Where & What to Study in Canada after completing 12th Arts & commerce?Tue,October 03, 2017
Canada maintains to draw a steady quantity of college students from India. While getting admission to Top Universities in Canada keeps to require outstanding educational score, the permission to look at is established with the aid of a Study Permit. If you desire to take educational, expert or vocational schooling at a college, university or other academic group in Canada, you may need a examine allow earlier than you enter Canada. This examine allow is issued to college students when they come in Canada. However, to get there, a scholar ought to first apply for a Temporary Resident Visa that is supplied by the Canadian High Commission and facilitated by the Visa Application Centers. VFS Global Services are the specified VACs for Canadian Visa.
What is the Visa Fee for Canada?
Study allow for Canada prices CAD$ one hundred fifty, which is more or less equivalent to INR 7,400 (as shared at the CIC Website) as according to current trade charge. Since the change fee keeps converting, we might endorse you to test the same at the time of your visa application.
Canadian Visa Applications are to be had each on line and offline. As such, the visa processing prices may be made both on-line (with the aid of a credit card) or offline (through demand draft if paying at the High Commission of Canada) or through cash on the VAC. This fee need to be paid when the application is submitted or a fee receipt of on line charge provided. The Demand Draft required is to be drawn out in desire of High Commission of Canada in Indian rupees. VACs take delivery of handiest Cash Payments.
Also, the visa fee stated does not consist of the VAC service prices. You would need to pay the additional carrier fees as relevant for your vicinity. Also, A receipt could be issued for every payment acquired. Please preserve the receipt as proof of price.
Which Documents are required for Canadian Visa?
You have to observe for the pupil visa once you get the university attractiveness letter. You should start with the visa procedure around June if aiming at the September consumption. Following are the files had to practice.
- Valid Passport
You would need a Valid Passport so one can follow for a Study Permit. As of the Canadian High Commission, it's far critical which you have a passport which validity that extends to cover the supposed live in Canada. For example, if you plan to journey to Canada in September 2016 for a -year course, your passport have to be legitimate until at the least September 2018.
2. Proof of Acceptance by means of a Designated Learning Institution
You would want the acceptance letter from the college/ institute you are planning to wait. A Designated Learning Institute is the University which is diagnosed via the Immigration Department. (Here’s a listing for your reference). In case you are applying for Quebec, you'll additionally need a CAQ which you would be duly notified.
3. Proof of Funds
At the time of application to your Study Permit, you would have to expose evidence of budget. As according to the existing standards, you will ought to prove which you could have sufficient finances to pay our tuition fees in addition to cope with residing expended. The Canadian Immigration deems a student could require at least Canadian $10,000 for each 12 months of your live. Apart from the above two, the pupil would additionally must show that he/she has sufficient funds for a go back truthful as well.
While filling the application form, you will have to reveal the evidence of prices paid in addition to the stipulated fee of dwelling @ CAD 10,000.
4. Passport Size Photographs
If you've got opted for offline utility, you will need passport sized snap shots that conform to the given requirements. For on line application, you have to procure a digital replica of the photograph which need to no longer be extra than 4MB. Other necessities are widespread approximately neutral facial expression, undeniable background as well as no headgear (until for spiritual functions).
- Size of the image have to be at least 35 mm x 45 mm
- Image should be latest (not older than 6 months)
5. Immigration Medical Examination (IME)
Canadian Immigration requires international students from India undergo a obligatory Immigration Medical Examination from empanelled docs. Students might need to e book and appointment and visit the indexed doctors for a scientific examination, preferably a week earlier than they begin their Visa Application. This is to present the health practitioner enough time to validate and upload the vital files. Booking an appointment in advance with the nearest facility/ practitioner as in line with the list of empanelled doctors is continually recommended.
The panel medical doctor will carry out a whole clinical examination and may refer you for chest x-rays and laboratory checks. Once your examination has been finished, the medical doctor will ship the results to CIC.
6. English Language Proficiency Exam Score
Though not obligatory to have on the time of utility, we strongly propose that you have appeared for and get your English Language Proficiency Score before you start your Visa Application Process. As it's miles, you would have needed to submit your English language talent score to verify your admission to the Canadian University. TOEFL, IELTS, etc. Are all perfect.
7. Statement of Purpose
When applying for a Canadian Study Permit, you would be required to publish an essay pointing out the reason of your ride to Canada and why you've got chosen the unique institution. This could be brought about as an non-compulsory file within the tick list however we strongly advocate which you post the same.
8. Credit Card
In case you are making an internet utility, you'll additionally require a credit card to pay the software rate. The Visa Application Fee for Canada is CAD $one hundred fifty. Please take into account that the machine most effective accepts credit score cards and not debit playing cards. Also, it isn't important that it's far your credit score card. You can use your parent’s playing cards as properly, provided you have the specific permission to do so.
Apart from the above, if making use of on-line, you'll want get right of entry to to a virtual scanner. However, if you are applying offline, you ought to have true copies of all of the above-cited documents. It is crucial to observe that whilst applying on-line, you'll be required to down load a few files, fill them, print them, signal them and then add them. Accordingly, the availability of the scanner have to be arranged. The machine also lets in you to add an amazing quality virtual image. We, but, advocate a scanner to a digital camera.
During the personal interview, additional documents may be requested by way of the interviewer. These can be files to show evidence of instructional or monetary popularity. These may consist of:
- Transcripts, diplomas, degrees, or certificate from faculties you attended
- Scores from checks, such as the TOEFL, SAT, GRE, or GMAT
- Your reason to depart from Canada upon of completion of the route of study
- How you may pay all educational, living and travel expenses
How to Apply for a Canadian Visa for Study
There are numerous steps to use for a visa.
1. Check the processing times - The visa software cycle might take anywhere from 3-four weeks. It is advisable to go through the Canadian consulate internet site to recognise the approximate time taken to system the student visa. Please note that the time shown isn't always a assure and is simply an estimate.
2. Determine how you'll observe. There are two ways to use:
(a) Apply online
To practice on-line you ought to have access to a scanner or digicam to create electronic copies of your files for uploading and feature a valid credit score card for payment. You will nevertheless be required to provide a finger test on the nearby Visa Application Centre (VAC). Remember, inside the case of Online Application you need to visit the VFS places of work handy your passports and would ought to provide the confirmation of shape and fee payment as well. The steps could simplest range in phrases of files you need to hold to the VAC.
(b) Apply in person
Download the software kit and study the training guide. The guidance manual includes crucial records about observe permits and commands that will help you entire your utility. Read the guide cautiously and use the report checklist.
3. Fill out the VFS Consent Form and fix it with your software form. You want this shape to get the assistance of VFS services in your visa submitting system.
4. Pay the processing rate - Note that when submitting an application thru the VFS, in character or by means of mail, visa expenses should be paid in addition to VFS Global carrier fees. The processing price is non-refundable in all instances.
5. If your partner/not unusual-law associate and/or children are accompanying you and you're making use of for brief resident visas, work allows or observe lets in for them, then you'll want to pay the ideal processing expenses for them.
6. Submit your software and helping documents - You need to visit the nearest VFS office. Once you are there, pay the provider prices and hand them your complete application to attain a receipt. This receipt incorporates your unique monitoring number which you will need to tune the progress of your application online.
7. In case your software is accepted you may acquire notification from the Government of Canada requesting in your passport. You can submit the passport and passport request letter in person or through VFS. You could be provided with a Temporary Resident Visa and a Letter of Introduction.
Spouses can accompany complete-time students on a Dependent visa. You only need to reveal that ok funds are available for his or her assist. Spouses also can work full time if his/her stay is for a 12 months or extra.
In a few instances, you could observe for an open paintings allow if you will be accompanying your partner or commonplace-regulation accomplice to Canada. With an open work allow, you may discover and receive any activity while you get to Canada. You do now not need a process offer or a fantastic hard work marketplace effect assessment to apply to your work allow.
Am I allowed to paintings on a Canadian Study Permit?
You do not want a separate Work Permit to paintings at the same time as analyzing in Canada. On a valid study permit, you are allowed to work on-campus and stale- campus. Off campus, you are allowed to paintings as much as a most of 20 hours a week in the course of time period. Apart from those, you
- Must be enrolled as a complete-time student with a delegated institute of better studying, and
- Remain enrolled in an academic, vocational or expert schooling application that is six months or longer and that leads to a degree, diploma or certificate
Post Study Work Permits for Canada
The eligibility criteria to get a Post Study Work Permit are as follows:
- You have to have pursued a complete-time direction in Canada.
- The length of your course have to were greater than 8 months.
- You need to have graduated from both a public put up-secondary institution or a private put up-secondary organization or
- You ought to practice for the paintings permit inside 3 months (ninety days) after receiving an authentic letter announcing which you have efficiently completed your training from the institute.
- You can be given the paintings permit best if you have a pupil visa.
- You can not get a work permit longer than your path duration. If your path duration turned into 8 months, then you'll obtain a work allow for 8 months. If your path length become greater than two years, then you could acquire a work allow for three years.
Picture Postcard Beauty From Sea to Sea!
Sitting above the united states, Canada- for starters-is a HUGE (9,984.670 sq.Km) country with six time zones (!), the world’s largest shoreline, and more range of lakes than all of the international’s lakes mixed! This big landmass (the second biggest to be more specific), Canada, takes the world’s breath away with its majestic variety of landscapes, glacial peaks, ice-fields, green flora, and huge mountains. And yes/oui- it has two respectable languages – English & French!
Filled with popular vacationer points of interest, there is a protracted list of Canadian scenic wonders for students to sight see. Most visited vacationer spots at a short glance: the Niagara Falls, the 135 km-lengthy Okanagan Lake with its supposedly frightening Ogopogo monster (boo!), the Glacier National Park, the Banff National Park, and the Canadian Rockies, to name some.
Bagels & Maple Syrup!
From natural peaks to skyscrapers, Canada has all of it! Montreal and Toronto are two big towns that provide pretty much everything students ought to probable ask for.
Toronto is a dynamic city boasting hovering skyscrapers, which appear dwarfed along the arena-famous CN Tower. This ethnically various town is also a chief centre of better schooling and studies with many widely recognized academic institutions inclusive of the University of Toronto.
The City of Saints, Montréal, is one that defies all expectation with its lush mix of North American & European swagger and current culture. The 2015 QS World University Rankings rank the City the 8th-excellent area in the global to be a uni student. What’s greater… the United Nations continually ranks Canada one of the pleasant places inside the international to live in- given its low crime fees. There are also “Walk Safe" programmes to help people in getting to public transportation in the course of past due hours. (Phew!)
Opens Doors Globe-Over!
Canada is the world’s maximum knowledgeable united states of america with over 1/2 of its residents being university graduates. Unlike returned home, the Country does now not have a relevant education system however is underneath the jurisdiction of each of its province. It is some of the top three inside the international in phrases of spending according to capita for public publish-secondary schooling, as in step with the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
Canadian Unis are well renowned for their high first-class degrees and each yr, no less than 12 unis make it into the Times Higher Education Supplement Top 200.
Options, Options, Options!
Students will have their pick from more than 10,000 undergraduate and graduate programmes offered throughout about 92 unis plus a hundred seventy five community colleges.
A have a look at what to study in Canada:
- Certificate level (One yr)
- Diploma degree (One or two years)
- Advanced Diploma (Two or 3-years)
- Bachelor stages (Four years of complete-time observe)
- Post-graduate Diplomas/Certificates (One or years)
- Master’s degrees (one to 2 years)
- Doctorate or PhD (4 to seven years)
Some famous guides on the undergraduate stage- Bachelor of Engineering & Bachelor of Administrative Studies, and on the postgraduate stage- PGD in management, MBA, MS and LLB levels.
For the ones seeking to move for postgrad look at- you’ve hit gold-Canada is the proper place for you! Research occurs to be one of the key components of a Canadian schooling; the Canadian Government and industry aid research in areas including telecommunications, remedy, agriculture, laptop technology, and environmental technological know-how.
Join the Uni ‘Lineup’ Now!
Here are some of Canada’s maximum reputed unis… Concordia University, McMaster University, McGill University, University of Alberta, Queen’s University, Universite de Montreal, University of British Columbia, , University of Toronto, University of Calgary, University of Western Ontario, University of Waterloo, and York University.
Loonies & Toonies!
The rate tag for higher research in Canada is kind of most effective half as a whole lot as it'd be in other leading examine locations like the US. Students will ought to shell out everywhere from CAN $12,000 (nearly 6,35,000 INR) to CAN $35,000 (almost 18,50,000 INR) for undergraduate programmes, and from CAN$10,000 (nearly 5,30,000INR) to CAN$39,000 (nearly 20,70,000INR)for postgraduate programmes in keeping with year.
Annual dwelling costs should range from CAN$ 7,000-14,000 (almost three, 70,000-22,20,000INR). Inclusive of accommodation which can price college students everywhere between $4,000 to $9,000 (2,11,000- four,eighty,000INR) in line with 12 months. These are dependable stats that have been pulled out from our very own database.
Canadian unis by and large offer as much as 4 intakes in an educational yr- Jan, April, May, and September; international college students are suggested to use on the earliest possible, as scholarships and admissions get increasingly more aggressive closer to the closing date.
The Canuck Pull!
Apart from global recognition, overseas education counselors affirm that pupil numbers have multiplied through the years additionally because of visa regulations, rising educational expenses, and the sharp decline of publish-diploma process opportunities inside the different worldwide have a look at destinations.
International students may work component-time for 20 hours in line with week – commonly the primary six months in campus and rancid campus publish this period. During holidays, they are able to work for as much as forty hours and the average pay could be anywhere alongside the traces of CAD$7 to CAD$10 in line with hour (370 to 520INR consistent with hour) or maybe more. Canadian unis additionally provide paid internships along the path- in the main for publish-graduate programmes like MBA.
And it receives better…on graduation, international students can practice for what is known as a Post-Graduation Work Permit, which offers them the opportunity to paintings within the Country for a three-12 months duration. Students don’t even need to have a task provide in hand even as making use of for the permit! It isn't any surprise Canadian global scholar numbers have visible a eighty four% spike over the last decade (ICEF Monitor).
‘Fun’-damentals of Student Life!
Of direction- it’s now not all JUST approximately the ratings and expenses, reading in Canada also brings with it many different advantages. Canadian uni campuses are stressed out with the cutting-edge in technology and cutting-edge amenities, Olympic- nice sports facilities, artwork galleries, and public live performance halls. Students could have terrific possibilities to satisfy like-minded friends and gain precious international student enjoy via student golf equipment and student-run governments. Some amusing methods for college kids to chill out (no pun supposed!) out of doors their school rooms encompass crusing, trekking, snowboarding and sledging!
They can actually enjoy an active and varied lifestyle in this lovely u . S ., together with extraordinary fitness care blessings, and most importantly the aspect that Canada is most regarded for- friendliness of the polite locals.
Breaking the Canadian Ice!
So first timers should get familiar with a few Canadianisms to now not come off as impolite or sick-mannered…
- Canadians take matters of etiquette pretty severely so whilst assembly a person for the first time, a company handshake whilst assembly and departing is so as!
- Canadians are formal when it comes to citing names and titles. Use their remaining names and appropriate titles until asked to make use of their first names- basically used most effective by way of close buddies and family.
- Sunglasses and hats have to be eliminated while talking with a person.
- And additionally it's far considered impolite to talk with arms for your pocket.
- These are only a few not unusual dont’s. Explore the Canadian tradition nicely some months earlier than your arrival there to assist set in to your new environment faster and minimise tradition shock. But absolutely- given all of the records and stats-where higher to move to now for higher research than Canada, “eh”? In authentic Canadian fashion!
A 12th Arts degree in India might comprise English, History, Geography, Political Science, Humanities & Social Sciences, Philosophy or Psychology.
After the Brexit vote in the UK and the dubious US journey ban, many Indian college students have shifted their consciousness of analyzing abroad to other similarly famous countries. But it doesn’t mean that the UK and US have lost their appeal and call for amongst the Indian pupil population who nevertheless agree with those international locations have loads to offer and who're confident that they are able to flourish amidst all of the political tensions.
Talking approximately similarly famous countries, Canada is the developing heartthrob for lots college students who want to explore the country and opportunities galore!
Earlier, we wrote a content material piece on take a look at in Canada after 12th trade. This time we talk approximately observe in Canada after 12th Arts – for those Indian students who've finished their twelfth grade and are seeking to study Arts/Humanities in Canada.
Typically, any twelfth Arts degree in India would comprise English, History, Geography, Political Science, Humanities & Social Sciences, Philosophy or Psychology. In sure times you might find the term Arts & Humanities goes hand in hand. Humanities is a broader time period that includes an in-depth gaining knowledge of of the above Arts publications. Sometimes, Arts may additionally encompass Fine arts & Design associated courses, which will be classified in addition into literary arts, appearing arts, culinary arts, visible arts and so on.
So after finishing your 12th Arts, you could select some of courses on your bachelors in Canada as cited under:
Bachelor of Arts (BA) in English, Literature & Creative Writing, History, Psychology, Journalism & Mass Communications, Economics, Sociology or any regional languages.
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- Fine Arts
- Hotel Management
- Law publications (included publications are also available)
- Fashion Design/ Interior Design
- Retail Management
- Travel & Tourism Management
- Animation & Film making
- Game Design/Graphic Design
- Journalism & Mass Communications
- Indian college students can have a look at at the following universities in Canada after finishing 12th Arts/Humanities:
1. BA in Anthropology or Applied Economics, Film Studies, Law, Human Rights, Linguistics, Business Law, Philosophy, Sociology and many extra guides are on offer on the Carleton University.
Bachelors degree in Journalism & Political Science, Journalism & Media Studies, Journalism & Humanities, and so on., also are on offer on the Carleton University.
2. BA in Literature, Creative Writing, Philosophy, Arts & Culture, History, Philosophy, etc. Is on provide by way of the Brock University.
3. BA in Applied Economics is to be had at the Carleton University, University of Calgary and at Western University (Ontario).
4. Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA), BFA in visual research or Bachelor of Commerce on the University of Calgary.
5. BBA stages are to be had at numerous Canadian universities, with numerous versions, such as BBA with Computer Science (double important), BBA with Financial Mathematics, BBA with Math and so on at universities just like the Acadia University, Wilfrid Laurier University, Brock University and the Trinity Western University.
Also BBA publications in Supply Chain Management, Finance, Accounting and Economics are to be had at the Cape Breton University.
6. Bachelor of Design in Fashion & Technology and Fashion Design is available on the Kwantlen Polytechnic University (KPU) and Ryerson University, respectively.
7. BA in Game Design is to be had at the Niagara College and Bachelor of Fine and Applied Arts in Game Design & Development is to be had at Wilfrid Laurier University.
What are the eligibility necessities to look at in Canada after twelfth Arts/Humanities?
12 years of formal school education.
- IELTS/TOEFL score. Minimum 580 in TOEFL (paper-based totally exam) is needed for admissions.
- Some universities might ask for Canadian Academic English Language Assessment (CAEL), with a minimal rating of 70.
- In positive times, you is probably requested to take a Pearson Test of English (PTE) and Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) as nicely.
Related: Want to study in Canada after your bachelors?
What are the profession potentialities of analyzing Arts/Humanities in Canada?
- Most Arts/Humanities students observe profession professions like teaching/professorship/studies or more advanced degrees. Graduates with Humanities degree can select any of the subsequent professions, together with journalism, control, public family members, enterprise or economic evaluation.
- With a diploma in Journalism you may work as a Communications Specialist, Content Writer, Sr. Editor, Policy Analyst, Proposal Writer and Copywriter. The average earnings of a journalist running in any of the above fields is C$ 41,074 in step with year. Journalists working in Toronto receives a commission 6% higher than those running in other cities in Canada.
- The common profits of a BBA diploma holder running in Canada levels from C$ 36,000 to C$ 80,000. Students with BBA ranges can work with fantastic organizations put up research, including Roger Communications Inc.; KMPG, LLP; CIBC and RBC Bank.
- With a BA diploma in Game Design, you can work in towns like Montreal and earn a mean profits of C$ forty nine,330 per yr. Montreal will pay 25% higher than other cities in Canada.
- So are you planning to study in Canada after completing your 12th Arts/Humanities from India? Our have a look at abroad counsellors will let you together with your admissions. You simply want to preserve talking to them to gather as a lot statistics as possible so that you can make an informed preference.
- You can also like: examine and settle in Canada and fee of reading in Canada.
Indian students who've a penchant for trade and want to make a career in it could examine in Canada for his or her bachelors or masters.
Canada is a famous examine destination for global students and a beneficial option for any profession preference. Though Justin Trudeau has captured numerous hearts along with his charismatic features, he isn't always the most effective reason why people appearance forward to move to Canada, main to huge-scale migration.
The united states is growing and letting its people grow, accordingly status as one of the ethnically numerous international locations. Its political, monetary, social and educational policies have seen huge adjustments over the last few years, which inspired many other nations.
Indian students who have a penchant for trade and need to make a career in it could take a look at in Canada for his or her bachelors or masters. Various publications and specialisations in trade that Indian students can pick from at Canadian universities are as follows:
- Economics – Microeconomics & Macroeconomics
- Human Resource Management
Look for enterprise & control scholarships in Canada and more.
Suggested universities in Canada where you may observe after 12th commerce:
University of Calgary – the University has several bachelors guides on offer, which include finance, accounting, commercial enterprise process control, commercial enterprise technology control, worldwide business and operations management. The common path duration is from 4 to five years.
Check all of the undergraduate commerce guides at the University of Calgary.
University of British Columbia – the University has bachelors guides in entrepreneurship, finance, accounting, commercial enterprise era management, supply chain and logistics, advertising and marketing and real property. The common direction period is for 4 years.
University of Ontario Institute of Technology – the University offers majors like advertising, finance, entrepreneurship and accounting. The common direction duration is four years and fee is CAD$20,000 in line with 12 months for international students.
Lakehead University – the University gives specialisations in finance, business management, HR, advertising, strategic control and accounting. Find specialisations in trade at the Lakehead University.
University of Guelph – the University has bachelors guides in meals and agricultural commercial enterprise, hospitality & tourism management, marketing management and actual property & housing. The common path length is 4 years and fee is almost CAD$23,644 in keeping with year.
Seneca College – Seneca has some uncommon commerce courses, including enterprise management, monetary services management, global enterprise control and global accounting & finance. The common course period is for four years and price is CAD$17,805.
Besides the mainstream commerce programmes, you may also pass for other options including Hotel Management, LLB, Architecture, Retail Management, Bachelor Of Business Management (BBM) or Bachelor Of Business Administration (BBA).
Check out the undergraduate courses in LLB overseas. Study BBA overseas.
How does the ROI look?
Below are the screenshots representing the common payscale of graduates with B.Com, finance and accounting degrees, running at various sectors in Canada Hope you locate the above facts useful.